20 May JOB POSTING : BSTC Member Services & Event Coordinator
Member Services & Event Coordinator
The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is hiring a summer student for our 2015 Member Services & Event Coordinator position. This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be a returning university or college student, or a student pursuing graduate studies.
HOURS: 30 hours/week from July 6th – August 28th (8 weeks)
PAY: $10.60/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will…
- Under the supervision of the Programming Committee, plan and execute the Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative’s summer fundraiser (includes volunteer and sponsorship coordination, event promotion, and event management);
- Under the supervision of the membership committee, manage database, update online member profiles, advertise membership, and write the monthly newsletter;
- Under the supervision of the organizational development committee, research public funding and sponsorship opportunities and draft applications;
- Manage the Cooperative’s social media presence;
- Support the Managing Director with other relevant administrative tasks.
This position offers relevant work experience to a student pursuing a career in Arts Administration.
This position requires an organized, motivated and self-directed candidate.
- Has familiarity with event planning and coordination.
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks.
- Must be able to work independently and with a team.
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Is proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Docs.
***Experience running fundraisers, coordinating volunteers, pursuing sponsorships and donations, writing promotional copy, and proficiency with database systems and WordPress would all be assets.
The successful applicant is…
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year
- Intending to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program.
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from persons who identify as members of diverse or marginalized communities.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 1
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer student application”.