06 Jun Now Hiring: Technical Associate
JOB POSTING: Technical Associate
The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is hiring a summer student for our 2018 Technical Associate position. This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be a returning university or college student, or a student pursuing graduate studies.
HOURS: 15 hours/week from July 9th – August 31st (8 weeks)
PAY: $11.00/ hour
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The successful candidate will…
- Assist Technical Director and Venue Manager as needed;
- Run lights and sound for shows, perform sound checks, assist in set-ups and resetting the space;
- Fill in for the Technical Director during absences;
- Assist in space upgrades as needed;
- Assist in daily tasks (maintenance, cleaning, etc);
- Organization and maintenance of technical supplies.
This position offers relevant work experience to a student pursuing a career in Sound and Lighting Design, Theatre, Venue Development, or work in the Not-for-Profit sector.
This position requires an organized, motivated and self-directed candidate.
- Has some experience in technical theatre;
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks;
- Must be able to work with a team, but with strong work ethic, initiative, and ability to work independently.
***Please list any technical theatre experience. Steel-toed boots may be required at times.
The successful applicant is…
- Between 15 and 30 years of age (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Registered as a full time student during the preceding academic year
- Intending to return to school on a full time basis during the next academic year
- Is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, CEGEP (Quebec only), vocational or technical program
- Is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act* and;
- Is legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
The Bus Stop Theatre Cooperative is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Monday, June 11, 2018
Please send cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Summer student application.”