26 Oct Job Posting: Operations Assistant
This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be:
- between the ages of 15-30
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 20th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which position you are applying for.
The Bus Stop Theatre Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
HOURS: 30 hours/week from Janauray 4th – February 26th (8 weeks)
The Operations Assistant will work in collaboration with representatives of the Bus Stop Theatre (BST) Playwrights Unit to plan and execute monthly script-writing circles and assist with regular cleaning duties. They will create content for the Playwrights Unit social media channels and promote events, generating enthusiasm for play readings, development periods and critically engaged conversations about new writing.
The Operations Assistant will also reach out to underrepresented communities, BIPOC artists, and newcomers to Canada, inviting writers of different backgrounds to access the connections and development opportunities offered by the Playwrights Unit. In this way, the position supports the provision of services to these communities, and helps ensure the Bus Stop Playwrights Unit curates diverse programming.
- Experience in event coordinating
- Experience managing and generating content for social media platforms
- Experience in meeting facilitation
- Experience in theatre, screenwriting, or literature an asset
- Experience in community outreach an asset
- Cleaning and maintenance experience an asset
- Organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- With the BST Playwrights Unit members, plan and execute a social media campaign of our rebranded open writers’ circle structure
- Create and disseminate content promoting the writers’ circle call for submissions, and any additional Playwrights Unit programming, for social media and the Bus Stop Theatre website
- Respond to submissions and organize monthly Zoom meet-ups for participating writers
- Host and moderate January and February writer circles’, encouraging respectful and engaged participation from all members
- Work with Playwrights Unit members to plan and execute a skill-building theatre workshop for February with a hired facilitator
- Monitor the BST Playwrights Unit e-mail, social media pages and Slack channel
- Clean and tidy the theatre, lobby and backstage areas on a weekly basis