27 Nov JOB POSTING: TECHNICAL ASSISTANT
This job is being offered with the assistance of Canada Summer Jobs. To be eligible you must be:
- between the ages of 15-30
- a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: DECEMBER 11th, 2020
Please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate which position you are applying for.
The Bus Stop Theatre Co-operative is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize that individuals from marginalized communities may have limited access to opportunities to build experience in arts administration. We also acknowledge that lived experience can be as valuable as formal training. We encourage applicants to describe the unique contributions they would bring to the organization in their cover letter.
HOURS: 35 hours/week from Januaray 4th – February 26th (8 weeks)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Technical Assistant is responsible for providing technical support to artists.
Tasks associated with the position include:
- Reconfiguring theatrical equipment as needed
- Monitoring and managing livestream data.
- General maintenance of the theatre and lobby
- General operation of theatrical equipment during live performances.
The Technical Assistant will assist with work in partnership with the Bus Stop Theatre’s staff and rental artists to navigate technical elements of mixed-reality livestream show production. The technical responsibilities of the Technical Assistant include the operation of theatrical lighting equipment and media computers, starting and stopping livestream broadcasts during rehearsals and performances, and keeping recorded livestreams organized.
This position requires an organized, motivated and self-directed candidate.
This person must:
- Have some familiarity with technical theatre equipment and duties
- Works well under pressure and is able to prioritize tasks
- Must be able to work independently, with periods of minimal supervision as well as work as part of a team
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills
- Is computer savvy in both Windows 10 and Mac OSX
- Is proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Docs
- Is organized and able to work with inventory and maintenance documents